Monday, November 3, 2008

Our Halloween Birthday Boy is ONE!

It is hard to believe our Turkey is one. His party was fantastic (if I do say so myself!). My dad and Peggy showed up and totally surprised me on Thursday afternoon. I have never been so surprised. My dad had told me that he was not going to be able to come for Christian's birthday because of work. He kept calling me and asking if the package he sent Christian via UPS had arrived. I had been cleaning house all day Thursday and was expecting my girlfriend, Misty, to come by at any moment to spend the afternoon at my house. I had told her to just come in when she got here. Well, I was on the phone with my aunt when Cleo started barking and I heard someone come through the front door. It's Misty, right? NOPE. Here comes my dad and Peggy peaking around the corner. I literally screamed into the phone "it's my dad, it's my dad!" and started crying. It was so awesome. I knew Christian's birthday would be great but having his Papa Horn here made it a perfect day.

I made a movie on my computer and burnt it onto a DVD of Christian's first year. I tried uploading to my blog but after 10 hours of the screen saying it was downloading the video, I turned the computer off. :) It did turn out great and I showed it at the start of his party. Our home was full of family and friends. Christian ate up all the attention.

There were gifts and balloons, monster cupcakes, killer punch, aunts and uncles, grandparents and great grandparents, cousins and gummy worms, roasted pumpkin seeds and caramel spiced nuts, bean dip and guacamole, homemade tortilla chips shaped like bats and ghosts, laughter and tears (me), and a VERY happy one-year-old, smiling little boy!





This is one TIRED LITTLE DRAGON.



This is my cute friend Carrie. Isn't her costume awesome? And you wanna know something? This girlie is soooo cool that I did not even have to ask her to pose. She just did! Love that gal!




This was Christian right after I finished taking his picture in the leaves outside. He was so tired. We had planned on taking him around to a few houses to deliver treats to friends and family but it did not look like that was going to happen. When I went to lay him down and change his diaper before bed, he woke up with a little burst of energy. I put his costume back on and put him in his new wagon. We wheeled him over to my mom's house to Trick-or-Treat. I mean, it was Halloween and he needed to at least trick-or-treat at Grandma's house!



Happy Birthday Christian! Happy Halloween Too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute cute cute little turkey. I wish I could have been there to see his expressions. I bet he had the best time, you are the best mom in the whole world.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Christian looked so adorable! So happy for you guys!

Melissa

Lisa said...

WooHOO!!! I've been waiting for this post.

I have to tell you girl, this is the best first birthday party I've EVER seen. I loved the sparkly number one you MADE...and the monster cupcakes STILL amaze me. Your menu was perfect and the coziness of your house just OOOOOOZED lots and lots of love.

Christian is very lucky to have such a fantastic mommy! (and daddy).

Anonymous said...

I cant beleive how he is cralwing so good he is going to be all over the house now, Grandpa cant wait to squeez him, i love the video of him, I love all of you very much and i will talk to you later.