Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Christmas Tree

We put up our tree last night and I think it is the best one yet. It is not quite finished though because I need to get a star tree topper. I usually put the abominable snowman on top of the tree but I have put him into retirement this year. I LOVE putting all the ornaments on the tree. Every year when it is time to put the tree away, I wrap each ornament in tissue paper and stack them in gift bags and boxes. That way when I go to put the ornaments on the tree the next year, it is like opening tiny treasures and I am surprised all over again by their beauty.

This year was extra special because we were not at home for Christmas last year so there were no decorations. And Christian received several sweet ornaments for his 1st Christmas from family and friends as well as strangers who donated ornaments to the NICU. I put a snowflake ornament on our tree that has a picture of Christian taken on the day after Thanksgiving last year. He barely weighed 2 pounds. His daddy was holding him for the very first time. That ornament has special meaning. It is a reminder of our miracle.


I love this picture of Christian looking at the lights as I put them on the tree. His crawling skills have improved greatly and he has been zooming around everywhere at lightning speed. Good thing his daddy put up the baby gate last weekend.

His Grandpa and Grandma already sent over gifts to put under the tree and tonight Christian was ready to play with them. It was very cute so, of course, I recorded it.
NOTE: The video has a surprise ending ala Christian. :)
Happy Days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The tree is pretty. You were helping me get a tree this time last year. Stuffing it in the expedition and it died before Christmas. Oh and don't forget it was a year ago you almost burned my house down. :) I remember... Can you believe it? Boy howdy... The time won't slow down, it seems to pick up speed every year. Seeing Christian crawl under the tree is just amazing. This time last year he was so fragile and look at him now. God has plenty more blessings in store for you guys. I am proud of you and Jason. The love you share for eachother and God will be seen by all and passed on for generations. God does all things for GOOD. I am so proud of you guys.

love you guys,
shela