Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween 2008

Sabrina and Mason Halloween 2008

This year, Halloween meant Christian's first birthday. For details on that fabulous party please see the post below. But Halloween also meant leaving a sleeping baby with his Papa and Nana Peggy and heading to the HAUNTED CORN MAZE!! Jason, Shela, Dave, Sherri, and I went bravely to the haunted corn maze to face the ghouls that lingered in the corn (and get lost too!). I must admit, I screamed my head off! There is nothing that can scare me more than a masked man with a chain saw jumping out of nowhere in the dark. AND you hear the chainsaw before you see him??? SCARY. It was very dark and the corn was soooooo tall. We easily got lost several times. I love being scared though. My screams are almost always followed by hysterical laughter. It is a love-hate type of thing.

I also felt a sense of pride that our small town community had something this entertaining and fun. It was well worth the $7 dollars to get in and all around us we heard groups of people screaming and laughing and just having a great time in general. It did disturb me to see some parents with young children who were clearly beyond frightened. I mean, a corn field is scary period. BUT throw in pitch black darkness and grown men in frightening costumes with chainsaws who are getting paid to hide in the corn and jump out when you least expect it? To those parents I say next year leave the kiddies at home or enjoy the corn maze in broad daylight when it is not haunted. Despite the disappointment of seeing a few terrified little kiddies the corn maze was a blast.

On Saturday we drove to LaGrande where my aunt was hosting a family Halloween Party. We got dressed up and played games, ate some fun and tasty food, and enjoyed being amongst family. Here are a few pics of the party:

No comments: