Wednesday, November 12, 2008

WORRIED

This past week have brought me several heavy burdens to bare. I thought it would do me good to write out my worries so that I can face them and hopefully work through them. Here goes.

1. I am worried about my brother's current health issues.


2. I am worried that I won't be able to speak with someone about Christian's special needs at the Social Security Dept. who will be patient, willing to listen, and actually CARE about our unique situation.


3. I am worried that I only have until the end of this month to work through the appeal process that determines Christian's (temporary) disability and if I fail we will eventually have no insurance coverage for our son. I only found out last Friday that his secondary insurance will no longer be in effect as of 12-1-08. Our primary insurance has a 1 million dollar lifetime benefit cap, per person, which Christian has almost met.


4. I am worried that the state of Oregon will not deem Christian's situation as medically necessary for insurance coverage and we will have to eventually declare medical bankruptcy.

5. I am worried that someone I love very, very much has started smoking again and I fear that it will actually kill him. (You know who you are)

Lord, please hear my prayer. I need You Lord. I need Your help with these burdens. I am sorry that I am not better. I am not worthy of Your grace and love. I am sorry that I seek You more in times of need than I do in times when all seems right with the world. I know that You know me. I am Your daughter. You know my heart is Yours always. I am not perfect. I can not do anything without You, Lord. You are my strength. Please hear my prayer. amen

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, Crystal. I had no idea your heart was so heavy right now. These worries are not yours and you're strong and smart to ask Him for help. It's tough to not allow worries to take hold of us and consume our thoughts. Keep praying and keep thinking positive thoughts (I'll be doing the same for you) and in the mean time, I'll be over in the am with a sweet little surprise :)

Hugs to you tonight. xxxx

Anonymous said...

Crystal, don't worry, everything will work out. I know it seems like a heavy burden right now but it will be fine. If you need anything just let me know. Love, Misty

Anonymous said...

Crystal, I often feel so overwhelmed by situations in my life and I always feel like kicking myself when I choose to hold on to those burdens and stress out about them. I eventually end up turning them over to God and feel some peace at last. I always ask myself, "Why don't you just turn it over to God immediately? You know that these situations are out of your control." I know that God is in control and he has never let me down. Things don't always turn out the way I expected, but they always turn out for the best. Try to let go, just as you did before Christian was born and the doctors were telling you the worst. God has a wonderful way of showing you that He is still in control and he won't let you down. Love, Melissa