Wednesday, October 15, 2008

TODAY......

Today I am finishing up with my house cleaning, putting laundry away, and getting things organized and packed for our trip to Portland tomorrow. Christian will be getting his Synagis shot tomorrow morning sometime between 10 and noon. We will head out shortly after that.
Jason left Monday morning to start work on the Bonneville Dam. He will be living with Shela and Dave while he is on this job. For now, he is working 4-10's so he will be home Thursday nights after work. That will be great because we can still have our Friday morning coffee (which we both look forward to). It just does not feel right to not have him come through our front door a few minutes after 5 each night. I know Christian is missing his daddy and he will be so happy to see him tomorrow evening. We miss him. I know that he misses us too.

On top of missing Jason I am going through Monopoly and Battlestar Galactica withdrawls, or BSG as we like to call it. I know, I know. I NEVER thought I would ever be a fan of such a show as BSG but I am totally HOOKED! Also, I hated playing Monopoly growing up and it was all that my brothers ever wanted to play. For years Jason has asked me if I want to play Monopoly and I always said NO thanks. Then one day about 2 months ago he asked me again and I said yes, out of sympathy only. WELL......I really liked it! Suddenly, I am wanting to play Monopoly every day, sometimes 2-3 times a day. I found out I was really good at it too. Now Jason is the one who is starting to hate Monopoly. :) Sometimes I get his mom and dad to play me too. They have Oceanopoly which I really enjoyed. So, if you have never played Monopoly or you always thought you hated the game, I recommend giving it another shot.



Christian's surgery is Friday and I have mixed feelings. NO parent feels great about their child having surgery. I know that this surgery is a positive one. We have to get in there (his airway) and take a look at how things have developed. It is just nerve racking, you know? He is my baby. And although he has been in the Operating Room several times for different reasons, this time feels different. All the other times were when he (we) were living in the hospital, it was all he knew. Now we have had him home and all to ourselves and it is just going to be different watching them take him into surgery. I know he will be fine. He is so brave. It is just different this time.
His surgery is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. on Friday the 17th. We have to have him at OHSU by 6:00 a.m. for check in. They told me his surgery should take about an hour. They will monitor him for several hours after surgery to be sure he is stable and then we can take him home-probably around noon. I will post an update on Friday as well as send an update via email.
I want to say thank you to everyone for all of your love, support, and prayers. It really means so much to all of us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL ON FRIDAY :)!!!!

Anonymous said...

Everything will be fine, that little turkey is a trooper;) he has way too many things to look forward to, like being a dragon on halloween. Love,Misty

Lisa said...

Love these pictures, girl. Keep up the great photog sessions!

I am saying extra prayers this week- for Christian and for you. Hugs as you begin a new chapter of healing and let me know how everyhing goes!!!!