Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's Teething Time



I am so happy to report that our little guy has 2 teeth coming in! Last week was a somewhat rough week for Christian. His first tooth broke through on Monday and his second tooth came on Wednesday. If you look close at the picture you can see his little teeth. I must say that even Christian's fussiness was extremely "mild" in comparison to what I had expected it to be. Jason reminds me that we have an "extraordinary boy" (as if I needed reminding!) and that he has already been through (medically) more than both he and I combined. Actually, he has been through more than any one person that we know. Christian always comes out smiling.


It is amazing to see him have those crocodile tears and still pull off that million dollar grin. His eyes tell me that he already has a wise soul. He comforts ME. I believe that God keeps his hand upon our shoulder when we are in despair. I believe that he held my son close and rocked him gently through the most terrifying times in his life. When I look at Christian I see a child who is filled with joy and peace, God's love. I believe he knows he is a child of God, and that my friends, is definitely something to smile about!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is the PERFECT teething picture!