Monday, July 14, 2008

Home Improvements

This weekend I took care of a few things on my very long list of things I need to get done around my house. Do you have one of those lists? Mine is never ending. :)

#1. Paint the ceiling fan in the kitchen. When we moved in our ceiling fan had these hideous stenciled flowers on them that I have always loathed. So, after looking at them for the past three years, I have made them disappear...forever. Yaaay me!

Before:


After:



#2. Deep clean my stove top. You know when stuff boils over and it makes a hideously disgusting, burnt, crispy mess on your stove top? Well mine was in serious need of a makeover. It is not a good sign when you turn your stove top on and burnt noodles catch on fire from the last spill over. Hmmmm.....can you say "911?"

Before: Please be kind and don't judge too harshly. :)


After: You would have never known!



#3. Clean out my hall closet. We have a serious lack of closet space in our house. It is one of those things we did not even consider when we bought it because we were just so happy to be getting out of an apartment. As you can see by the before picture I was not utilizing the space that we do have. Jason said he would "dis-own me" if I put these pics on my blog. :)

Before:
After: Ta da! I feel so much better. It is amazing how good having a clean closet can make you feel!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

holy mackeral! you have been one busy girl...the pics look great :) and hmmm...i don't think you need to go back to bath and body works for a while :) isn't it amazing what you can find in a closet???