Monday, June 16, 2008

Nursery Time











We brought Christian home from the hospital on March 11, 2008. At that time he was 4 and 1/2 months old and weighed 7 pounds 15 ounces. My family had been working so diligently, while Christian and I were in Portland , putting together the nursery. They knew how important it was to me to have the nursery ready for Christian to come home to. Decorating the nursery was one of the things I was really excited about. With Christian arriving so early all of MY plans went out the window and life as I knew it became a whirlwind. The hospital was our home for 5 months.

We have had Christian's bassinet set up in the living room, along with his medical equipment since we have been home. He only uses the equipment during the night. Every night, either Jason or I, would sleep on the sofa in the living room in case Christian needed suctioning or O2. Tami would come over and spend Sunday nights with Christian so that Jason and I would have one night to go to sleep together in our bed. This was such a blessing because it was one night that I could get a good rest without waking up. Over the past few weeks Christian has been sleeping pretty much through the entire night. He wakes up one time to eat and then goes right back to sleep. So this weekend we bought a baby monitor and set up Christian's equipment in his nursery. I am proud to say that Christian has slept the last 3 nights in his nursery and I have slept in my bed!! This may seem like no big deal to some of you but trust me, it is HUGE. We took pictures before bedtime of Christian in his crib to mark the occasion.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Woo-Hoo Christian- Way to go buddy! He's growing so fast...

The nursery looks so sweet, Crystal. Fit for a little king :) I'm so happy for you guys.